[Catalyst] External plugins (continued)

Ovid publiustemp-catalyst at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 17 20:54:58 CET 2006

Hi all,

So it sounds like there's a bit of consensus to be able to specify a
MyApp::Plugin directory just like we have
MyApp::(?:Controller|Model|View) directories.  Until (and unless)
someone wants to write the code for this, is the unary plus model
acceptable?

  use Catalyst qw(
    DateTime
    +MyApp::Custom::Plugin::DoesTheDishes
  );

Since plugin order appears to be important, "use base" isn't a good
option and writing a "Catalyst::Plugin" wrapper just means more grunt
work.  The unary plus saves a lot of time and is fairly clean.
However, I won't write this unless others are comfortable with it (and
it won't conflict with the MyApp::Plugin scenario.  Instead, it merely
offers greater flexibility with minimal risk)

Cheers,
Ovid