[Catalyst] Spaces in urls

Lars Balker Rasmussen lars at balker.dk
Thu Feb 23 10:07:04 CET 2006

On Thu, Feb 23, 2006 at 08:48:21AM -0000, Harold Frayman wrote:
> I have just moved a developing app on to a production server which is
> running up-to-date (among other things) Catalyst -- 5.64 against 5.55 on
> my development machine. Suddenly the request->path contains %20 rather
> than spaces in urls that have them -- which screws up all sorts of things.
> Could this be down to Catalyst and/or Cat helpers/plugins or should I be
> looking elsewhere?

This was caused by the fix for http://dev.catalyst.perl.org/ticket/62
introduced in 5.64.

Personally, I've just added

    $text =~ s/%([0-9A-Fa-f]{2})/chr(hex($1))/eg;

to the few controllers that took text-arguments in the url, but a fix to the
problem was discussed on irc some days ago.  Don't know what the status is.

Btw, up-to-date cat is 5.65 ;-)
--
Lars Balker Rasmussen                                        Consult::Perl