[Catalyst] [Announce] Major session plugins release

Yuval Kogman nothingmuch at woobling.org
Sun Jan 1 13:29:08 CET 2006

The session plugins were updated for more robustness and
correctness.

	Catalyst::Plugin::Session
	Catalyst::Plugin::Store::FastMmap
	Catalyst::Plugin::Store::File
	Catalyst::Plugin::Store::DBI
	Catalyst::Plugin::Store::Memcached

The main change involves lazily writing the session data, which
means that the session stuff is statistically more resillient to
race conditions (typically resulting from simultaneous AJAX
requests).

Note that this code is *NOT* race condition safe - for this we would
need some kind of locking plugin (this is possible and planned, but
not written yet).

This release should also provide an increase in performance, due to
the fact that it should perform smaller IOs, and less IOs if
sessions are not used.

 /\  kung foo master: /me tips over a cow: neeyah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!