[Catalyst] New Catalyst slogan

Danijel Milicevic Danijel.Milicevic at rawmode.org
Sun Jan 1 16:43:27 CET 2006

On Wed, 2005-12-28 at 23:17 -0500, Joe Landman wrote:
> Catalyst - JATO Web Applications
>
> (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/JATO or the item over at the Darwin
> awards)

Catalyst - you need to google to understand our slogans

No, seriously though: we should keep it very very simple here, no KISS,
DRY, JATO, BOFH, ILTMUMOA (I like to make up my own acronyms) nor even
MVC.

We don't want only the expert webprogrammers - those will know how to
evaluate the frameworks out there and decide to use Catalyst anyway ;) -
we want to attract the poor fellas who just wrote their own Template
engine (like all of us did at some point) and fiddle with
Apache::Dispatcher et cetera.

We need something that describes Catalyst with very simple words.

It's easy to use, but still powerful. It's flexible, but not
complicated, etc.

If we fill up the slogan with acronyms and insider stuff it will scare
away users, as they will ask themselves the question: "if I can't
understand the slogan, how am I supposed to understand the
documentation?"

Anyway, need to get sober :D

Happy new year all,
Danijel