[Catalyst] Catalyst::Plugin::Authentication under ActivePerl 5.8.7.813

Will Hawes info at whawes.co.uk
Tue Jan 3 23:31:12 CET 2006

stephen joseph butler wrote:
> It's not Windows specific, I've seen it under FinkCommander. As far as
> I can tell, that line should be
>
> open( $self->{restore}->{stdin}, '<&', STDIN->fileno )
>       or croak("Can't dup stdin: $!");
>
> Try that. I've been meaning to file a formal bug. I'll do it today.

I've tried that change and it makes no difference - the "Bad file
descriptor" error remains.

The problem seems to be that the contents of STDIN are different when
nmake is run from the CPANPLUS shell as opposed to the cmd.exe shell.
Namely, when running under CPANPLUS, STDIN doesn't seem to contain anything.