[Catalyst] redirection hint?

Jeff Bisbee jbisbee at gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 22:03:09 CET 2006

On 1/4/06, Andy Grundman <andy at hybridized.org> wrote:
> You might really want $c->res->redirect( '/admin/user/list' );
>
> forward and detach take a private action name:
>
> $c->detach( '/admin/main' );

I completely understand the reason for wanting to redirect after doing
some kind of save action (to avoid the dreaded reload of posted data),
but what does detach do?  If I'm correct, it just breaks the chain of
any forward calls, but doesn't solve the problem of someone hitting
reload/refresh that redirects do.

I may be totally misinterpreting this so please correct me if I'm wrong.

--
Jeff Bisbee / jbisbee at gmail.com / jbisbee.com