[Catalyst] Catalyst::Model::CDBI::Plain broken after 5.5 upgrade?

Toby Corkindale tjc at wintrmute.net
Thu Jan 5 16:37:21 CET 2006

On Tue, Dec 13, 2005 at 02:37:25AM +0100, Sebastian Riedel wrote:
> 12.12.2005 22:38 Dr. Jennifer Nussbaum:
> >Hi, i just upgraded Catalyst from 5.3? to some post-5.5 version, and see
> >that when i try to statr it i get a message in my apache log like:
> >
> >[Mon Dec 12 09:02:33 2005] [error] Couldn't
> >instantiate component "SiteSearch::M::Order",
> >"Undefined subroutine &Catalyst::Base::new called at
> >/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.7/Catalyst/Model/CDBI/Plain.pm
> >line 9."
> >
> >How to fix please? i didnt change anything in my program and i did install
> >the Apache engine class.
>
> Catalyst::Model::CDBI::Plain has not yet been updated for Catalyst  5.5
> (someone has to adopt it)

I just stumbled over this one too.

In the interest of not causing people to upgrade to 5.[56]x and go "WTF?!", it
might be an idea to upload a new version of C::M::CDBI::Plain to CPAN that
includes a note in the docs that says "Doesn't not work with 5.5+! Here is
a workaround:..."

If this is too much trouble, feel free to assign the Module to me, and I'll
make those changes myself. (And possibly upgrade the module to work natively
with 5.6, if it's not anything too black-magicy)

Cheers,
Toby

--
Turning and turning in the widening gyre/The falcon cannot hear the falconer;
Things fall apart, the centre cannot hold/Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world