[Catalyst] Problem installing Catalyst::Plugin::StackTrace

Will Hawes info at whawes.co.uk
Fri Jan 6 10:11:05 CET 2006

Andy Grundman wrote:
> Will Hawes wrote:
>> Sorry, scrub that, only "perl Build test" works OK. "perl Build
>> install" dies with the same error as before and the module won't
>> install (I've copied it manually for now and it seems to function).
>
> Very strange, I've never had a problem using Module::Build-based modules
> on Windows.

I've found the cause. Under Module::Build 0.2611, in
Module::Build::Base, lines 1812-1814:

     my $fulldir = File::Spec::Unix->catfile($htmldir, @rootdirs, @dirs);
     my $outfile = File::Spec::Unix->catfile($fulldir, $name . '.html');
     my $infile  = File::Spec::Unix->abs2rel($pod);

Change "File::Spec::Unix" to "File::Spec" in each case and the error
goes away.

And from http://search.cpan.org/src/KWILLIAMS/Module-Build-0.27_04/Changes:

0.27_02 (Beta for 0.28)  Fri Jul 15 07:34:58 CDT 2005
  - Removed some hard-coded references to File::Spec::Unix in the
    creation of HTML docs, which should help that code work in more
    places, and help people not to panic when they look at it. [Spotted
    by Yves]

Even so, the StackTrace plugin is the only Module::Build based module
I've ever had this problem with. Weird.