[Catalyst] Wishlist for 2006!

Nigel Metheringham nigel.metheringham at dev.intechnology.co.uk
Fri Jan 6 12:27:08 CET 2006

On Fri, 2006-01-06 at 11:42 +0100, Krzysztof Krzyzaniak wrote:
> I think core modules should be in one package. This for sure helps
> install Catalyst (especially in distros with packages manager like rpm
> or deb).

I'm not too worried about this - I am likely to always want at least one
plugin thats not in the core, so pushing them all out is reasonable as
long as the packaging is fairly logical.

However having a over-arching package that can be used to pull in all
the deps and can be built as a rpm to give a target to allow me to
install all of catalyst thats standard is useful - I will have to see if
Task::Catalyst will work like that for me.

Incidentally I intend to do some work on cpan2rpm[1] and/or the catalyst
packaging to find out why so many current modules need help to be built
into rpms (this is mostly down to cpan2rpm not finding the
author/version info for many of the recent cat modules).

My rpm dev box that I have been building cat modules on currently has a
total of 132 rpms that I have built purely to get cat going.

	Nigel.