[Catalyst] Wishlist for 2006!

Christopher H. Laco claco at chrislaco.com
Fri Jan 6 12:42:43 CET 2006

Sebastian Riedel wrote:
> After two weeks of intensive World of Warcraft playing and a lot of
> very good food i'm back now and ready to take over the world.
> I'd like to start the new year with a wishlist of things YOU would  like
> to see in Catalyst (and related projects).
>
> To get this started, my most important wish (sorry mst) is:
> * Schema support for DBIx::Class (SQL::Translator::Producer::DBIxClass)
>

> And now post your wishes or stay silent for the rest of the year! ;)
>

> --
> sebastian

Scaffold/App creation via YAML:

$ catalyst.pl newapp.yml

# newapp.yml
--- #YAML:1.0
app: MyApp
model:
  name: Cart
  type: Handel::Cart
    - dbi:mysql:handel
    - myuser
    - mypass
model:
  name: Orders
  type: Handel::Order
    - dbi:mysql:handel
    - myuser
    - mypass
  name: TT
  type: TT
controller:
  name: Cart
controller:
  name: Order

Essentially, the yaml gets turned into:

$ catalyst.pl MyApp
$ MyApp/script/*create.pl model Cart Handel::Cart dbi:mysql:handel
myuser mypass
$ MyApp/script/*create.pl model Order Handel::Order dbi:mysql:handel
myuser mypass
$ MyApp/script/*create.pl view TT TT
$ MyApp/script/*create.pl controller Cart
$ MyApp/script/*create.pl controller Order

The variation is, only do this for create.pl; just for adding things to
an existing app:

script/*create.pl newstuff.yml

-=Chris