[Catalyst] Wishlist for 2006!

Nigel Metheringham nigel.metheringham at dev.intechnology.co.uk
Fri Jan 6 13:02:20 CET 2006

On Fri, 2006-01-06 at 11:44 +0000, Gavin Henry wrote:
> <quote who="Sebastian Riedel">
> >
> > 06.01.2006 11:42 Krzysztof Krzyzaniak:
> >>
> >> I think core modules should be in one package. This for sure helps
> >> install Catalyst (especially in distros with packages manager like rpm
> >> or deb).
> >
> > I guess what you really want is CatInABox, and i share that wish with
> > you. ;)
>
> We can start making RPM for Fedora Core sometime, if you like.

If you want help with this I have a (huge) pile of rpms targetted at
RHEL4 (actually Centos 4), but the SRPMs should build on either
platform.

Its probably worth adding some sugar to make it easier to package an app
up as an rpm (one of the things this should do is use the module tools
to generate a full list of required modules which makes the job of
getting all the needed components to deploy (even with a depsolver)
rather easier).

	Nigel.