[Catalyst] Migration from Class::DBI to DBIx::Class (with CDBICompat)

Michele Beltrame mb at italpro.net
Sun Jan 8 19:18:43 CET 2006

Hi all!

I'm in the process of migrating my Catalyst application from Class::DBI
to DBIx::Class. Before exploring the latter module well, I would like to
get everything up and running with the CDBICompat layer. However, I'm
unsure on how to achieve this within a Catalyst application.

I trying changing my DB model class to contain this:

-----
package Aintra::M::DB;

use strict;
use base 'Catalyst::Model::DBIC';

__PACKAGE__->load_components(qw/CDBICompat Core DB/);

__PACKAGE__->config(
[...]
-----

However, I get a "Can't locate object method "load_own_components" via
package "Aintra::M::DB".

How do I enable the Class::DBI compatibility layer?

	Thanks a lot, Michele.

--
Michele Beltrame
http://www.massainforme.it/