[Catalyst] Re: View::TT FILTERS and utf-8

Uwe Voelker uwe.voelker at gmx.de
Mon Jan 9 16:59:47 CET 2006

> The weird thing is the build'in server produces correctly escaped
> chars but not the mod_perl one. I can't figure out what's going on :
> is TT2 behavior different when invoked from catalyst or when invoked
> from mod_perl ?

This is a problem of TT2 when running under mod_perl.

It's the 'html_entity' filter. When under mod_perl it uses something
form libapr which does not encode 'ä' for example. Whereas
HTML::Entities (used when no mod_perl) does.

I consider this a bug in TT2's filter html_entity. But I haven't found
the time to report this to Andy Wardley.

Bye,
Uwe