[Catalyst] MVC design choices

Pedro Melo melo at simplicidade.org
Wed Jan 11 21:25:56 CET 2006

Hi,

On Jan 11, 2006, at 4:22 PM, Brandon Black wrote:
> I don't think it would make much of a material difference to
> performance wherever you place it.  More to the point is cleanliness
> and correctness.  Code in Views/Templates should be strictly related
> to formatting and display.  Code in a controller handles core logic,
> and shouldn't know or do anything specific related to formatting and
> display.  Code that interacts with data sources directly goes in the
> Model.  Clean lines of seperation between the M<->C<->V components is
> important.

Going a step further: data validation. Model or controller.

In the model, you can reuse it in scripts. But in the controller, you
can have high level actions across several models.

In the end, I made my scripts call "webservices" via the
controller... But I'm curious about what other people have done.

Best regards,
--
Pedro Melo
JID: melo at simplicidade.org