[Catalyst] Deprecation problem

Amol Ghanekar amol.ghanekar at gmail.com
Thu Jan 12 22:40:22 CET 2006

Hi, I have developed a tool for my company and now I want to do its beta
testing.
The tool was developed on my local machine and now its being tested on the
server.
I have copied all the files to the server through perforce (p4 add and the
at the server p4 sync). However when I try to compile and run the
Build.PLfile, I an getting this error:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
$ perl Build.PL

 Note:

    The use of Build.PL for building and distributing Catalyst
    applications is deprecated in Catalyst 5.58.

    We recommend using the new Module::Install-based Makefile
    system.  You can generate a new Makefile.PL for your application
    by running:

        catalyst.pl -force -makefile WWW::RevNet::AMP

Can't create '_build/prereqs': Permission denied at
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.6/Module/Build/Base.pm line 749.

It looks like the Catalyst version on my local machine is different from the
one on the Catalyst.
Could anyone help me what changes I need to make and to which file?
THANKS!

-Amol Ghanekar