[Catalyst] Fwd: Catalyst and Modperl question

Balaji Srinivasan balajione at gmail.com
Fri Jan 13 06:45:48 CET 2006

Hi Everyone
After giving up on deploying my catalyst application as a CGI script, I
decided to try deploying it with modperl. I installed httpd-2.0.55 with
modperl 2.0.0.2
I added the following section in my Virtual host config in my httpd.conf:

 # Set up your Catalyst app as a mod_perl 1.99x application in httpd.conf
 PerlSwitches -I/var/www/html/MyApp/lib

 # Preload your entire application
 PerlModule MyApp

 <VirtualHost *>

        ServerName    myapp.hostname.com
        DocumentRoot  /var/www/html # I need to still serve my other
static pages.

        <Location /MyApp>

            SetHandler          modperl
            PerlResponseHandler MyApp
        </Location>
</VirtualHost>

Now when I do http://localhost/MyApp/foo
 (where foo was my action), it gives an error saying I am trying to access

a directory.
I tried various combinations of location for the app vs the Location
attribute etc. Nothing worked.
I would appreciate any help in this regard.
Thanks
Balaji