[Catalyst] Wishlist for 2006!

Chisel Wright chisel at herlpacker.co.uk
Fri Jan 13 16:21:57 CET 2006

On Fri, Jan 06, 2006 at 12:46:14PM +0000, Chisel Wright wrote:
> I've started thinking about/developing some forum software. I'm not sure
> where it's headed yet, but is Catalyst/DBIC fuelled.
> I don't know if it will be easy to pare back to a scriptable
> scaffolding.
>
> Only time will tell I guess.

Well I've written a simple, but functioning piece of forum software.

So far it's got:

 - multiple forums
 - new thread / reply to thread
 - login and sign-up process (with email verification)
 - "last post" per thread
 - forum sorted to show most recently posted-to threads first

Obvious things it doesn't have:

 - admin screens to add forums
 - any kind of admin really (delete threads, etc)
 - "I'm a f**kwit, what's my password?"
 - stupid smileys, "bbcode", etc
 - user profiles
 - edit/delete my post

So, yeah, it's functional, but pretty basic.

Chisel
--
Chisel Wright
e: chisel at herlpacker.co.uk
w: http://www.herlpacker.co.uk/

This is not an automated signature. I type this in to the bottom of every
message.