[Catalyst] Caching problem?

phaylon phaylon at dunkelheit.at
Sat Jan 14 18:26:18 CET 2006

Brandon Black wrote:

> It does function correctly, it's just a matter of style and/or
> correctness (I've tested a couple of simultaneous Response plugins
> using the patch).  It does directly add base classes to
> Catalyst::Response and friends (or more precisely, to whatever
> $c->response_class is, which might not be Catalyst::Response).

There are two problems I can see when using this way instead of a newly
created MyApp::Whatever:

1) You can't override the methods, because the plugin is a base of the
   Req/Resp object, so the original would overrule the plugins methods.

2) If you're having more than one application loaded (e.g. under
   mod_perl) you would change the Catalyst::Req/Resp class for all of
   them.

hth, phay