[Catalyst] Accessing mod_perl components

Dylan Vanderhoof DylanV at semaphore.com
Wed Jan 18 02:13:06 CET 2006

Not sure if there's a Catalyst way to do this.  I'd like to be able to access some constants in Apache2::Const, as well as the lookup_file function of the mod_perl request object.

Specifically, I'd like to be able to do this: $self->r->lookup_file("<file/dir name>")->content_type; or something equivalent.
I'd like to be able to differentiate files from directories by doing a compare against the DIR_MAGIC_TYPE constant in Apache2::Const, which is the need for that.  Other perl magic number libraries I've tried are calling directories application/octet-stream, which is obviously not correct.

Any suggestions here?  Is any part of mod_perl exposed to Catalyst, or is there another approach I should be taking?

Thanks,
Dylan