[Catalyst] Common applications and documentation (was Wishlist for 2006)

Kieren Diment diment at gmail.com
Wed Jan 18 16:05:03 CET 2006

I got that ok from your zombie.  Thanks v. interesting.

I had a quick squizz at the source, and as far as I can see, sould pare back
to a scriptable scaffolding, I reckon that might be a bit unwieldly.

I find the more working code examples around the better, but it would be
nice if they had more documentation.

What makes more sense than scaffolding scripts to me is to describe how
catalyst deals with different kinds of data structures.

In the context of documenting this, having some kind of cannonical
application that can easily be used to illustrate different working examples
would be the go.  Something with:

tabular data,
tree structures, (e.g. threads)
look-up tables (1-1, 1-many, many-many),
authentication
authorization
interfacing with external data (e.g. uploads, network data)

Catalyst::Enzyme does a reasonable job of the basic CRUD situation just now
- I think CRUD is amenable to starting off with a boilerplate script while
things like forums aren't so much.  Not sure why though.