[Catalyst] preserve the URL in browser box

Hans-Werner Hilse hilse at web.de
Wed Jan 18 18:04:51 CET 2006

Hi,

On Wed, 18 Jan 2006 08:55:45 -0800
Bill Moseley <moseley at hank.org> wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 18, 2006 at 08:25:19PM +0200, raptor wrote:
> > postitem is called from a <FORM> in additem page.  Now the problem
> > is that after posting an item the address in the browser url box is
> > left as 'postitem', but I want it to be 'additem'.  Is it possible
> > if yes how ?
>
> Not to question your needs, but I see this often.  Why is it important
> that the browser shows the new address at the expense of another round
> trip to the server?

I like to do it that way in order to keep the web app's user from
bookmarking a context-sensitive action (and to keep him/her from
triggering an action twice or more by hitting "reload" a few times...).

Hans-Werner
(who just started to enjoy Catalyst, no questions so far, just
shame for all those stereotypes on Perl I used to carry around...)