[Catalyst] installation problem on mac os x tiger

Kieren Diment diment at gmail.com
Fri Jan 20 05:05:55 CET 2006

I had trouble with building on OS X for a long time.  Eventually I got
around it by:

sudo cpan

force install Task::Catalyst

# look at any failed module builds

look [module name]

# then build by hand
perl Makefile.PL
make
make test
make install
exit

# repeat until dead

force install Task::Catalyst

untill you get a message about Task::Catalyst being up to date.

yeah, a bit labourious, but you know ...