[Catalyst] Helper scripts and -w

Frank Wiegand frank.wiegand at gmail.com
Sun Jan 22 10:56:48 CET 2006

The helper scripts all use C< -w > to enable perl warnings;
This enable warnings for all packages that have no C< use warnings; >.

But sometimes there are packages that don't have neither C<use warnings>
nor C<no warnings>, so all their warnings are printed. I. e. when using
the built in test server, File::Slurp says:

$ script/myapp_server.pl  -r
Subroutine File::Slurp::O_RDWR redefined at
/usr/local/share/perl/5.8.7/File/Slurp.pm line 7
Subroutine File::Slurp::O_CREAT redefined at
/usr/local/share/perl/5.8.7/File/Slurp.pm line 7
Subroutine File::Slurp::O_EXCL redefined at
/usr/local/share/perl/5.8.7/File/Slurp.pm line 7

Maybe we could remove the C< -w > in the shebang line in some helper
scripts, and therefore add a C< use warnings >.

Thanks, Frank