[Catalyst] Require User Logins in Manual::Cookbook

catalyst at thebigmachine.org catalyst at thebigmachine.org
Mon Jan 23 06:03:16 CET 2006

On Mon, 23 Jan 2006, Geoffrey Ferrari wrote:

> I've tried following the 'require user logins' section of the
> Catalyst::Manual::Cookbook but I have a feeling it is out of date and broken.
> In particular,the call to  '$c->session_login(..., ...)" causes an error.  I
> suspect it might not have been updated for the most recent version of the
> authentication framework.
>
> Since there is no other documentation around on how to achieve the same
> functionality, I'm sending out a general plea for someone who knows how to
> achieve it to update the cookbook documentation, and/or post some
> instructions to this list.
>
> I've tried to make it work myself but although I can get a user logged in and
> redirected, I don't seem to be able to carry the login over multiple
> sessions. So when I submit the login form, and the log tells me that the user
> has successfully been authenticated, all that happens in practice is that I
> get the login form returned to me again. (I've been redirected, during the
> request for the page it's been noticed that I'm not logged in, and so I'm
> redirected to the login form again.)
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> GHF

I had this problem myself. IIRC it was caused by using the older
authentication modules. What versions are you using? If C:P:Session is
installed and used, session management is transparent to the login process.

If this is not enough to get you started, post the versions of the Auth and
Session modules you're using. The cookbook is a little out of date.

use Catalyst qw/
 	-Debug
 	Static::Simple FormValidator
 	Authentication