[Catalyst] Has $c->response->redirect behaviour changed?

Alex Kavanagh alex at tinwood.homelinux.org
Mon Jan 23 21:06:14 CET 2006

At Mon, 23 Jan 2006 14:27:47 -0500,
Daniel Westermann-Clark wrote:

> On 2006-01-23 19:07:11 +0000, Alex Kavanagh wrote:
> > Overload process to not do the template if we are doing a redirect.
> >
> > It works, but is the right way to do it?  Should I be doing
> > something else?
>
> You can do it that way, but the "recommended" way is to use
> Catalyst::Plugin::DefaultEnd.
>
> http://catalyst.perl.org/calendar/2005/8

Ah, thanks!  Having just looked at the Source code for Default end,
similar code to check for 3xx is in that.  Of course, this just raises
in my mind *why* my original code worked with 5.61 and not with 5.63.
Curiouser an Curiouser ...

I think I'll go with the DefaultEnd method.

Thanks again.
Cheers
Alex.