[Catalyst] errors under mod_perl

Perrin Harkins perrin at elem.com
Tue Jan 24 15:50:24 CET 2006

August R. Wohlt wrote:
> I'm relatively new to catalyst and have an application I just rolled out to
> a large user base. While developing, it was run as a stand-alone CGI so that
> I could edit the code and see changes live. When I rolled it out, I switched
> to mod_perl, and now I get crazy intermittent Class:DBI /
> DBIx/ContextualFetch.pm errors.

Because the errors are seemingly random, I'm guessing the problem is
that your apache children are sharing a database connection.  This can
happen when your program does some queries to look at the schema during
startup and doesn't disconnect before forking.

See this thread for some ways to fix it:
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/catalyst/users/4064?page=last

- Perrin