[Catalyst] errors under mod_perl

August R. Wohlt alerute at gmail.com
Mon Jan 23 22:41:55 CET 2006

Hi All,

I'm relatively new to catalyst and have an application I just rolled out to
a large user base. While developing, it was run as a stand-alone CGI so that
I could edit the code and see changes live. When I rolled it out, I switched
to mod_perl, and now I get crazy intermittent Class:DBI /
DBIx/ContextualFetch.pm errors. The app runs for a little while with no
problem. Users can log in and out and use it, but then suddenly the errors
start popping up all over the place: in the session logic, when searching
objects in the database, but never in the same place. Here's a sample.
Hoping someone knows off-hand what this is and that I'm doing something
simply wrong:

[Mon Jan 23 13:25:26 2006] [catalyst] [error] Caught exception in
BioScribe::C::Admin->importer "BioScribe::M::CDBI::PacSoftEventLog can't
SELECT id
FROM   PacSoftEventLog
WHERE  project_id = ? AND serinstid = ?
: DBD::mysql::st fetchrow_arrayref failed: fetch() without execute() [for
Statement "SELECT id
FROM   PacSoftEventLog
WHERE  project_id = ? AND serinstid = ?
"] at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.5/DBIx/ContextualFetch.pm line 60.
 at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.5/Class/DBI/Search/Basic.pm line 169"

[Mon Jan 23 13:25:02 2006] [catalyst] [error] Caught exception in
BioScribe::V::Mason->process "Couldn't render component "/mc/projects.mc" -
error was "BioScribe::M::CDBI::Subject can't SELECT id
FROM   Subject
WHERE  project = ?
: Can't use an undefined value as an ARRAY reference at
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.5/Class/DBI.pm line 1113.

Thanks,
:goose