[Catalyst] JSON instead of YAML?

knoebi knoebi at gmail.com
Wed Jan 25 15:31:39 CET 2006

On 1/25/06, Sebastian Riedel <sri at oook.de> wrote:

> 25.01.2006 14:38 Christopher H. Laco:
> > IMHO, moving to a compiled XS module for such a small part of Cat is a
> > bad thing. But I'm selfish like that, because it will preclude
> > CatInABax
> > from being useful [at the moment]. Unless of course, I feel like
> > patching future versions to re-use YAML instead.
>
> I wouldn't do this without a damn good reason, the old YAML.pm is
> absolutely unusable in a production environment, thanks to Spiffy.
> For example it changes how base::import() works application wide!!!
> (resistance is futile...)

I like YAML as a config format. Switching to another not so human
readable format because we don't have a simple & working YAML-Module
in CPAN at the moment doesn't sound like a very good idea to me. Also
it would break with backward compatibility.
For the moment, we just could fork a new YAML Module from YAML 0.39
and use that till we see a better solution?

ciao
Philipp