yaml vs perl complexity ( was Re: [Catalyst] JSON instead ofYAML? )

James FitzGibbon jfitzgibbon at primustel.ca
Wed Jan 25 21:05:44 CET 2006

>From the YAML docs:

I am currently working on 3 different YAML implementations.

YAML::Lite

    The point of YAML::Lite is to strip YAML down to the 90% that people use
most and offer that in a small, fast, stable, pure Perl form. YAML::Lite
will simply die when it is asked to do something it can't.

So perhaps just a private frozen YAML 0.39 will do the trick until
YAML::Lite is ready.