[Catalyst] JSON instead of YAML?

Adam Jacob adam at stalecoffee.org
Wed Jan 25 22:41:27 CET 2006

On Jan 24, 2006, at 9:56 PM, Sebastian Riedel wrote:

> After all the trouble with the current YAML implementation (Spiffy
> in production code is just too dangerous...), i've been thinking
> about moving to JSON for the default config.
>
> myapp.json:
>
>     {
>         "name": "MyApp"
>         "Foo": "Bar"
>     }
>
> instead of myapp.yml:
>
>     ---
>     name: MyApp
>     Foo: Bar

I think Config::General should get a look.  It's apache-style config
syntax is clean, easy to read, and quite flexible.

myapp.conf:

name MyApp
Foo    Bar

Would be all there is to it, although you can turn on plenty of
options if you choose to do so.

The module is actively maintained, stable, and has a familiar syntax
to most people.

Adam