[Catalyst] An Observation About Catalyst

Benjamin R. Ginter bginter at ndevtech.net
Thu Jan 26 12:16:47 CET 2006

I've been subscribed to the list for a while, have done some simple
development with Catalyst, and look forward to developing future
applications (and migrating some existing ones) to this exciting
framework.  I read the list messages periodically from my pine folder and
subscribe to the CPAN Recent Uploads RDF which I review daily.

I just wanted to make an observation about Catalyst.

Maybe this has already been said, but it appears to me that Catalyst is
in a Golden (Diamond?) age of development and is driving the development
of many other modules or at the very least increasing their usage.

In something like 10 years of using Perl, I can't recall so many
different but useful and relevant modules being released in such a short
timeframe.  But not only are the modules released, but they are updated
pretty regularly.  I generally see at least one Catalyst module update
or release per day on CPAN recent.

I also can't recall any mailing lists (besides perhaps modperl) that have
generated as much traffic and excitement as this one.

I think that means you guys have done something right.

Thank you for all of your hard work!

Best Regards,

Benjamin R. Ginter