[Catalyst] Config for Catalyst

Christopher H. Laco claco at chrislaco.com
Thu Jan 26 17:30:45 CET 2006

Sebastian Riedel wrote:

> 26.01.2006 16:28 A. Pagaltzis:
>
>> * Hicks, Robert <robert.l.hicks at uscg.mil> [2006-01-26 14:30]:
>>> Since TT uses AppConfig I would vote for that one since it would
>>> remove a module dependency (YAML + Spiffy) and it is already
>>> needed by TT anyway.
>>
>> ++
>
> *cough* Have you actually used AppConfig?
> It does not support dynamic nested structures, which we need!
> I just wasted 30 minutes figuring that out. :(
>

> --
> sebastian

I'm sure I'm preaching to the choir, and just overreacting, but the
power of the dark side compels me....

Moving away from YAML just working in the default install at this point
would be a big mistake. Releasing a version with YAML support, only to
remove it again would be a big pointer towards 'stay away from Catalyst.
It keeps changing too often and isn't stable'.

That's how I felt during the big M::M -> M::I events...

There, I feel better. :-)