[Catalyst] [RFC] Catalyst::ConfigLoader -- load a config from various formats

Perrin Harkins perrin at elem.com
Thu Jan 26 19:23:35 CET 2006

On Thu, 2006-01-26 at 18:12 +0000, Matt S Trout wrote:
> I don't always have the luxury of being the only person running code on
> a given server.

There are many ways to do it.  The odds that any two large perl apps
will require conflicting versions of a certain module are pretty high,
so most people find a way to deal with this if they have multiple apps
developed with different frameworks.  Many corporate environments (e.g.
Morgan Stanley) develop configuration management systems for handling
this.

> Go forth and address it then, and when the solution's (a) production
> quality and (b) installed most places then I'll happily switch.

I already did address it for myself with my installation system, so I
have no more itch to scratch here.

All I'm asking you to do is consider trying to fix the root problem
(maybe by talking to p5p about adding versioning to @INC, maybe by
providing a way to install modules local to a Cat app) rather than
putting a lot of duplicate stuff on CPAN.  Two modules is not a big
deal, but there will inevitably be more dependencies on specific
versions over time.

- Perrin