[Catalyst] Form processing with catalyst, html::widget, and template toolkit

Todd Charron todd at neteffect.ca
Fri Jan 27 16:02:33 CET 2006

Hi,

I'm just starting with catalyst and I'm trying to get my head around how all
of these modules work together/how they're supposed to be best used.

Previously I've been doing sites with CGI Formbuilder and HTML Template, so
I'm fairly new with catalyst, html::widget and template toolkit.

My question is, when using html::widget how does that fit into the MVC model?

Does all of it go in the controller?  If so, how is it included in a TT view?

If you're just using html::widget for form validation, how do you get from
form display, to validation, back to the form (or to the completion of the
form)?

If you're creating the form with html::widget how do you get it into the view
from the controller and back again?

It's probably really obvious, but for some reason I just can't seem to wrap my
head around it.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Todd