[Catalyst] Static::Simple::Confusing

A. Pagaltzis pagaltzis at gmx.de
Sat Jan 28 17:53:53 CET 2006

* Andy Grundman <andy at hybridized.org> [2006-01-28 15:25]:
>First stop, read the documentation! ;)

And pay very close attention not to miss an innocuous-looking
subclause somewhere in the middle of an unremarkable paragraph of
a multipage POD. Doesn’t seem surprising that four people have
piped up so far about having been tripped by this, and I find it
very unlikely that all of them failed to read the docs at all.

I think it’s also fair to assume that literally almost everyone
who uses ::Static::Simple will want to serve `.html` files
statically, so it would fall under the “good defaults” banner to
make the module do what most people will need from it without
having to configure it.

I’d also put a short “DEFAULTS” section close to the start of the
doc that prominently calls out the defaults so the “this is the
time in our program where you look at the manual” defense is
actually credible.

Regards,