[Catalyst] Image serving

harold.frayman at ntlworld.com harold.frayman at ntlworld.com
Mon Jan 30 23:30:21 CET 2006

I am using Catalyst to serve web pages from a document tree which already exists and cannot be changed significantly. The documents to be served are of the form

/Path/To/Documents/Path/Through/Tree/Title/body.html

A call to MyApp/help/Path/Through/Tree/Title serves the body.html text and wraps it in a page which includes links to, for example, Path, Through and Tree and to subfolders (/Path/To/Documents/Path/Through/Tree/Title/NextLevelTitle) which are handled by equivalent calls.

At the moment, a file called body.html may link to "img/myimage.jpeg", in which case myimage.jpeg will be stored in /Path/To/Documents/Path/Through/Tree/Title/img.

The result is that Catalyst looks for /help/Path/Through/Tree/img/myimage.jpeg. (The base is one level above the Title folder).

I have tried various configurations of Catalyst::Plugin::Static::Simple and I have tried tried putting the image in several different places, but I cannot get the image to appear.

Any suggestions? Even if I have to move the images, which I want to avoid?

Harold