[Catalyst] Installing Task::Catalyst on Cygwin

Matt S Trout dbix-class at trout.me.uk
Sat Jul 1 14:08:42 CEST 2006

Craig Talbert wrote:
> Hey,
>
> I upgraded cpan to version 1.87, tried again, and it worked!
>
> YOU ARE THE GREATEST ONE OF ALL!

Ha. Top. I usually deal with an error like the one below (which is caused by
windows' refusal to let you unlink a file with an open filehandle to it) by
doing something like

mv /usr/lib/perl5/5.8/cygwin/auto/List/Util/Util.dll ~/feck_off.windaz

and re-running the make install, then exiting the CPAN shell so the filehandle
goes and deleting the file out of ~

Nice to know latest CPAN doesn't need me to do that anymore, saves me writing
it into cat-install :)