[Catalyst] Bugfree development release?

Nilson Santos Figueiredo Junior acid06 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 3 23:36:38 CEST 2006

On 7/3/06, Matt S Trout <dbix-class at trout.me.uk> wrote:
> RFC a proposed API to the DBIC list if you want to see that in 0.08 - or at
> the very least throw together a couple of tests for the hack if you want to be
> able to rely on it in production :)

I was thinking about that earlier today.
There should be a friendlier way of doing that. It should be a very
simple API though. Maybe it could even be added in 0.07001 (as it
happened before to some other features in 0.06xxx I think), since it
would just be adding something that didn't exist before will probably
just be a method or something like that. Or maybe it should be a
deeper change such as "me" being current resultset scoped instead of
whatever it is right now.

But probably this already too much off-topic for this list.
I'll try to post a proper RFC later this week to the DBIC list after I
figure out a good solution.

> Hey, not complaining - but it *was* a dev release from the -current and it
> won't go to trunk and thence CPAN until we've fixed it.

Yes, yes. But I thought that a release was emminent and then "OMG the
app doesn't work" panic bells started ringing all over my head. And
I'm *really* glad you'll be fixing it, even though it's not a
supported API (honestly, I didn't really know it was an unsupported
hack when you told me to use it - I assumed I had just overlooked the
docs or something like that).

-Nilson Santos F. Jr.