[Catalyst] data::dump vs data::dumper

Chisel Wright chisel at herlpacker.co.uk
Thu Jul 6 16:46:06 CEST 2006

On Thu, Jul 06, 2006 at 02:08:42PM +0100, Matt S Trout wrote:
> Catalyst::Plugin::Dumper is ... err ... not sanely architected. It stuffs the
> Catalyst::Log namespace with an extra method, which (a) is a global change
> that could stomp on other code in the same process, and (b) will completely
> fail to work if you replace your logger.

Fair enough - this is the first piece of feedback I've had on the
module.
I was sort-of workng on the basis "It does what I want, and no-one's
complained". I'm kinda surprised that it appears to be used so much.

> How about a plugin that offers a $c->dump_data($data) method and allows a
> config option to use ::Dumper or ::Dump as preferred.

Sounds sane. Sounds like I have some thinking/work to do for 0.0.3. :)

Chisel - distracted after taking photos at a lingerie fashion show
--
Chisel Wright
e: chisel at herlpacker.co.uk
w: http://www.herlpacker.co.uk/

This is not an automated signature. I type this in to the bottom of every
message.