[Catalyst] __PACKAGE__->config question

Ullrich, Ralf Ullrich at iai.spk-berlin.de
Fri Jul 7 10:30:58 CEST 2006

Hello list,

I just started playing around with Catalyst and I have a question concerning where to put __PACKAGE__->config() if I want to customize Template Toolkits INCLUDE_PATH.

On Catalyst::Manual::Tutorial I read:
 __PACKAGE__->config( name => 'tutorial',
                          'INCLUDE_PATH' => __PACKAGE__->path_to('templates')
     }
  );

This is what I did, but I always get a "couldn't render /template not found error. If I put this directive in tutorial::View::TToolkit it works.

The strangest thing about it is: on WindowsNT, where I started using Catalyst (ActivePerl, Catalyst 5.61) it worked when placed in tutorial.pm, under SuSE 9.0 it crashes with the message mentioned above (Catalyst 5.61). The code mimicks exactly that of Catalyst::Manual::Tutorial in both cases.

What I've been doing wrong?

Ralf Ullrich

______________________
Ralf Ullrich, M.A.