[Catalyst] Testing required to help diagnose Module::Install failure report

Matt S Trout dbix-class at trout.me.uk
Fri Jul 7 18:53:03 CEST 2006

jwang grabbed the latest dist and when he ran perl Makefile.PL got

[john@***** Catalyst-Runtime-5.7000]$ perl Makefile.PL
Can't locate Module/Install/Admin.pm in @INC (@INC contains:
/usr/lib64/perl5/5.8.7/x86_64-linux /usr/lib64/perl5/5.8.7
/usr/lib64/perl5/site_perl/5.8.7/x86_64-linux /usr/lib64/perl5/site_perl/5.8.7
/usr/lib64/perl5/site_perl .) at inc/Module/Install.pm line 100.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at Makefile.PL line 1.

Can everybody who's got a spare minute please grab

http://dev.thefeed.no/stuff/Catalyst-Runtime-5.7000.tar.gz

tar xzf it, and do "perl Makefile.PL" and see if you can re-create the error?

If you can, please then do

perl -d Makefile.PL

Then once in the debugger, "b Module::Install::Makefile::fix_up_makefile",
then "c" to get to that function, then "s" to step through until it dies.

Once you've got that, reply to this message with the entire log, your perl -V
output and any PERL5LIB settings etc. that might be of note.

If it all works fine, please reply to me *offlist* only (if at all) so we
don't spam the list with success reports - we've already got plenty of those
anyway, it's failures I'm mostly interested in :)