[Catalyst] Is users table primary key available in $c->user?

Dennis Daupert ddaupert at sbcglobal.net
Sat Jul 15 00:17:40 CEST 2006

I want to update my join table 'user_quotes' using the logged-in user's id. By 'id' I mean the integer primary key from the users table.

$c->user gives the username of the logged in user, so I could do a search on the users table by the unique username, but I'd rather not do that if it's already available.

This:
my $user = $c->user;
$c->stash->{details} = [$c->get_user("$user")];
just gives me back the username.

I use qw/Authentication Authentication::Store::DBIC Authentication::Credential::Password/ in my app.

In my yml file:
authentication:
  dbic:
  user_class: CatapultDB::Users
  user_field: username
  password_field: password

My user class:
package Catapult::Schema::CatapultDB::Users;
<snip>
__PACKAGE__->table('users');
__PACKAGE__->add_columns(qw/id fname lname address1 address2 city state zip email username password active /);

best,

/dennis