[Catalyst] Catalyst::Plugin::Server::XMLRPC prefix option broken under lighttpd

Alex Pavlovic alex at taskforce-1.com
Wed Jul 19 09:12:38 CEST 2006

Hi,

Catalyst versions affected: 5.69/5.7
Server: lighttpd 1.4.11_1

For the test case assume the following:

package MyApp;
__PACKAGE__->config(
	xmlrpc => {
		path => 'xmlrpc',
		prefix => 'xmlrpc',
		show_errors => 1
	}
);

package MyApp::Controller::XMLRPC::Session;
sub authenticate : XMLRPC {
}

When using myapp_server.pl script, the entry is set to
http://localhost:3000/xmlrpc, so when call for 'session.authenticate', it
will dispatch properly to XMLRPC::Session::authenticate sub.

However once the code executes under fastcgi and lighttpd, the dispatch only
works when call is done with xmlrpc prefix, such
as 'xmlrpc.session.authenticate', when the call is done
as 'session.authenticate', it complains about not finding the method that can
handle the request. This should work however with the correct prefix being
set.

I noticed in Catalyst::Plugin::Server::XMLRPC::_deserialize_xml that forward
path is being set correctly at $self->forward_path( $fwd_path ), with the
specified prefix, so I am wondering if something else outside the plugin is
causing the problem that's related to fcgi environment.

Thanks.