[Catalyst] strange behaviour when controllers are being inherited

Alex Pavlovic alex at taskforce-1.com
Thu Jul 20 01:55:48 CEST 2006

Hi,

I just found something odd when trying to inherit from a base controller. I
attached the complete application and debug output. From the debug output you
can clearly see that "MyApp powered by Catalyst" as well as other things
appear 4 times in the output and are being duplicated. This caused some
concern.

Please note that this only appears when running under fastcgi environment and
lighttpd, I haven't tested the apache and standalone server does not seem to
be affected.

My layout is as follows:

MyApp::Controller::Root
MyApp::Controller::Welcome
MyApp::Controller::Welcome::User ( inherits from MyApp::Controller::Welcome )

Versions of catalyst that I found affected: 5.69/5.7

Thank you.