[Catalyst] strange behaviour when controllers are being inherited

Matt S Trout dbix-class at trout.me.uk
Thu Jul 20 04:39:18 CEST 2006

Alex Pavlovic wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Just tried it with FCGI::ProcManager 0.17 in standalone server mode. The
> problem goes away. Debug screen looks normal.
>
> I guess for some reason this only happens when running in static mode with
> builtin lighttpd proc manager.

Starting up process id:23065 at lib/MyApp.pm line 33.

Starting up process id:23063 at lib/MyApp.pm line 33.
Starting up process id:23066 at lib/MyApp.pm line 33.
Starting up process id:23064 at lib/MyApp.pm line 33.

Notice the process ids are all different.

That would be lighttpd starting four copies of your app.

It's not a problem, it's absolutely expected (or at least, Catalyst is doing the right thing. Whether starting four copies of the FCGI handler is the right thing for lighttpd to do is another matter :)