[Catalyst] Catalyst Digest, Vol 17, Issue 39

Ben Hopkins hopkins.ben at gmail.com
Tue Jul 25 06:21:29 CEST 2006

> From: JT Justman <jt at signless.com>
> Subject: Re: [Catalyst] Can't get last insert id
> To: The elegant MVC web framework <catalyst at lists.rawmode.org>
>
> <snip>
>
> Is your 'id' column set to autoincrement? What does 'describe books' in
> mysql say?

It is NOT autoincrement.  The docs didn't say anything about autoincrement,
I figured it was a catalyst/DBIC thing to fake autoincrement in case a
particular RDBMS didn't support it.

So, I added it  (AUTO_INCREMENT), and it works -- kindof, but THAT error is
gone.  I've found some glaring typos in the tutorial code (like references
to Book instead of Books), but this omission is the worst.

I'm talking about
http://search.cpan.org/~mramberg/Catalyst-Runtime-5.7000/lib/Catalyst/Manual/Tutorial/CatalystBasics.pod

Thanks for the help.