[Catalyst] cat 5.7 upgrade report

Nilson Santos Figueiredo Junior acid06 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 26 13:18:07 CEST 2006

On 7/26/06, Brandon Black <blblack at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 7/25/06, Len Jaffe <lenjaffe at jaffesystems.com> wrote:
> > I upgraded my desktop and server at work today, and
> > the only thin giving me any install issues is
> > DBIC::Schema::Loader.
>
> I can't do jack about it if you don't report what's wrong with it.

I've just found out about this yesterday, too.
The weird thing is that problem doesn't show up at my home machine.

It happens on the 22th test, where you check for warnings when dumping
the schema. The test fails because besides the expected warnings, you
also get a lot of those nasty "attempt to free unreferenced scalar"
that's been plaguing us Windows users for some time now.

It works fine if you "force install" it, though.

I think you should update the tests and change the warning catching
subref to ignore those warnings or simply skip the test under Win32.
I'm sorry I can't provide a patch right now.

-Nilson Santos F. Jr.