[Catalyst] error using session and authn plug-ins under apache

leonard.a.jaffe at jpmchase.com leonard.a.jaffe at jpmchase.com
Mon Jul 31 17:13:30 CEST 2006

On 07/29/2006 08:46 AM Yuval Kogman <nothingmuch at woobling.org> said:

> On Fri, Jul 28, 2006 at 16:22:06 -0400, leonard.a.jaffe at jpmchase.com
wrote:

> > By dumping my session in Root::end, I see that I have precious little
in
> > my session:
> > __address, __created, __updated, __user, __user_store.  so there must
be
> > something inside that DBIC user record
>
> Please do the following in YourApp.pm:
>

>    sub finalize {  }
>
> Using deparse we can see where code ref is and what package it was
> defined in (hopefully).
>
> Root::end might not be late enough in the cycle to trap this.

I did this.  There was a lot of output for one user record :-)
Before I delve into any details, I want to relate this.

The "can't store CODE" problem happened while using
Authentication::Store::DBIC
and Session::Store::File.

Switching to Session::Store::DBIC yields this error:
[error] Caught exception in engine
"DBIx::Class::ResultSet::update_or_create(): Error executing
'INSERT INTO sessions (expires, id) VALUES (?, ?)': DBD::mysql::st execute
failed:
Field 'session_data' doesn't have a default value at
D:/Perl/site/lib/DBIx/Class/Storage/DBI.pm line 743."

Leaving S::S::DBIC in play, but switching to A::S::Minimal yields the same
error.

So i tried to add a default value for session_data, only mysql doesn't
like me when
I try to assign default values to TEXT/BLOB fields.

Leaving A::S::Miniman in play and changing to S::S::File works just fine.

The problem with using A::S::Minimal is needing to restart the application
add new users. Which while not happening often, is not really an
acceptable
work-around.

So, as I said, the user record using A::S::DBIC contains a lot on text,
since it
appears to carry info regarding every table in my schema, so I don't
really want to post
it here.

Is there something I should be looking for inside the dump?

Len.
The plot thickens.

under applicable law.  If you are not the intended recipient, you
thereon) is STRICTLY PROHIBITED.  Although this transmission and
any attachments are believed to be free of any virus or other
defect that might affect any computer system into which it is
received and opened, it is the responsibility of the recipient to
ensure that it is virus free and no responsibility is accepted by
JPMorgan Chase & Co., its subsidiaries and affiliates, as
applicable, for any loss or damage arising in any way from its use.
If you received this transmission in error, please immediately
contact the sender and destroy the material in its entirety,