[Catalyst] Do you dojo?

Toby Corkindale toby at ymogen.net
Thu Jun 1 20:41:40 CEST 2006

Matt S Trout wrote:
> Toby Corkindale wrote:
>> So, is anyone using Dojo? (Regardless of whether you got it thru
>> HTML::Dojo or Alien::Dojo.. :)
>>
>> I managed to get my head around Prototype a while back, and was happily
>> using that.. but I've had a couple of looks at Dojo, and so far have
>> come away feeling totally baffled each time.
>> IMHO, their documentation is really lacking an overall guide to how it
>> fits together, and how you should go about using it.
>> Perhaps there is one out there somewhere that I've missed?
>> Or at least just a few annotated examples?
>
> There was a really good article on ajaxian recently; mostly I got
> started by skimming what docs were there and then poking through
> http://archive.dojotoolkit.org/nightly/tests/ and a checkout of trunk.

ta; i'll check their tests.

So far I've managed to make some headway by essentially replicating
their existing tests and modifying them a bit..
Eg. I can get widgets to turn up, but gdbugger me if I can get it to
talk back to my backend. I haven't the faintest about JSON, but I have a
nasty feeling I will by the end of this..

Toby