[Catalyst] Catalyst Documentation

Thomas Hartman thomashartman1 at googlemail.com
Thu Jun 1 21:18:19 CEST 2006

Oops spoke to soon; still having shared server install woes on Dreamhost.

Before reporting on the wiki that local install was relatively smooth
when following the advice of the advent calendar for config, along
with shadowcatInstaller for the install, I "virginized" my environment
by renaming ~/local and creating a blank local directory. .bashrc and
.cpan/CPAN/MyConfig.pm remained as suggested by the advent calender.

then I ran the shadowcat installer and it tried to install into
/usr/local somewhere. It couldn't, asked me if I wanted to try sudo,
failed that, and then exited failed.

I guess the DBIC stuff which I thought was installed by
shadowcatInstaller was actually installed several months back, but
painfully.

I teed this into shadowcatInstaller.output if anyone wants to have a
look at this, attached.

Now I am debating between continuing on in my dreamhost environment
(but knowing this will be difficult to recreate if I ever want to
start over), or biting the bullet and going to UML/XEN somewhere like
linode where the install is easy.

Attached is tarred up teed output of shadowcat installer, .bashrc, and
MyConfig.pm.

Hope this helps. It would be great if the shadowcat installer worked
for a shared environment.. doable?